Participants will learn how to prepare strong grant proposals. Elements of general proposal writing will be discussed: mission, purpose, budgets, partnerships, timelines, the value of pilot projects, possible sources of funding, consideration of continuity of project through permanent funding. Establish priorities, distill essence of their needs in proper format…. A bibliography of resources will be provided. Examples of weak proposals will be critiqued.
A very practical draft Grant Proposal will be constructed for future use.
Students will learn methods:
- to identify the elements of a grant proposal as it relates to their own needs;
- to locate appropriate sources of funding: international;
- to follow funders' style and format;
- to write a well supported and well thought out proposal;
- to identify a weak proposal.
Course final product: a draft Grant Proposal
- Professional marine information managers who are ready to begin digitization projects and need to sharpen and focus their grant writing and grant seeking skills.
Various Experts by Remote Webinar
UNESCO/IOC Project Office for IODE
Wandelaarkaai 7 - Pakhuis 61
Period for applications: to be announced soon.
Detailed information on how to register and the Application Form available at www.oceanteacher.org